The most common definition of Samsung Health is that of “a personal trainer always at hand“In reality, the Samsung app is something more. First of all, because the functionalities concern jointly nutrition and physical activity: you can count steps, calculate calories burned, track sleep duration, enter data on foods consumed during the day and view your goals. If this concise presentation has intrigued you and you want to know more, you just have to proceed and deepen the topic.
Samsung Health: How Does It Work?
Downloading Samsung Health from the Google Play Store has no peculiarities compared to what we are used to doing with any other application. The real difference if anything is that once installed on your device, you will need to create a Samsung account. This done, you have all the credentials to start using the app and you can proceed by configuring your Samsung Health profile:
- First of all accept the terms and conditions. Then click on “Continues“. The application will also ask you for authorization to access the geolocation data. This is an important step, because if you decide not to send them, some GPS functions on Samsung Health could be disabled. The advice is therefore to allow the geolocation.
- The next page is for the to backup automatic data. Click on “Start“.
- At this point you can access the Home Page and display the item “Profile“ in which you will have to fill in all the required fields to make the app perfectly functional for your needs. Select your gender, enter your date of birth, set your current height and weight. Then choose the activity level that currently best describes your sedentary to sporty condition.
- Finally, write username and nickname and your profile will be complete.
Samsung Health contapassi
Samsung Health pedometer is activated automatically every time the application is running. The mobile phone must be on to record the steps taken, if you wish set a daily goal just press the icon with the 3 dots vertically, view more options, select “Set goal“and adjust the target with the slider.
It must be said that the count is not exact and that some situations could affect the real data, such as the position in which you hold the smartphone (in your pocket, or bag) and the movement of the hand or arm.
Samsung Health: tricks and secrets
For a comprehensive rundown on the application, here’s everything you need to know about S Health in a nutshell:
- The app is compatible with most Android devices (not just Samsung brands), as well as with iPhones and iPads. The only condition is to have a Samsung account, regardless of the make and model of phone.
- You can challenge friends who use the application to check who is the most active of the group through the statistics. To activate this feature, you will need to verify your account, following the instructions sent by the app with a text message.
- You can start a workout by opening the app and choosing the type of exercise you want to do, for example cycling or running.
- By counting calories, one can track the calorie intake of breakfast, lunch and dinner. Simply enter the type of food and the grams eaten and S Health will calculate the calories for each meal and for the whole day. In addition, the food database allows you to know specifically the nutritional values of the food taken.
- For Galaxy devices, an additional feature is available to monitor both heart rate and stress levels. You will first need to follow the instructions and start the test so that the results and subsequent monitoring are true.
- In case of fever or minor illness, the application allows you to contact a doctor. This service, reserved for owners of Samsung Galaxy devices, is only accessible in the US, where insurance companies have health policies that also include the costs of video calls to medical personnel.